/> Adventures in Writing YA: Tis the month of Halloween...

Monday 1 October 2012

Tis the month of Halloween...

October is usually one of my favourite months of the year. I love the changing season, the leaves turning from green to red, the cool crispness in the air that gets you wondering whether to put on a hat... and of course Halloween! I only say usually because this year the only sunshine I've seen was in Greece, and there hasn't been a summer to change from. Winter is pretty much already here!

As I love all things supernatural, real and fictional, and could probably class myself as a little bit wiccan... I just haven't the time available to put into the studying required (plus Wiccans love all nature and I pretty much only love dry nature. I'm not so good with rain and tend to hibernate in the winter unless it's one of those beautiful sunny, freezing days where the sun sparkles on the frost...) But Ghosts... yes I've seen them, Crystals... yes I love them, a female-centric religion which worships goddesses AND gods... much more appealing. Stories about vampires, witches, werewolves and faeries love, love, love, so lets bring on Halloween!

Photo
So, I thought as we are starting the month with September's harvest moon (the last day of the full moon is tonight) and ending the month with Samhain (or Halloween) I'd do a month of Halloween related posts and a month long giveaway! I'll be setting up the grand prize giveaway to run in the final week of October, with bookmarks to giveaway to a random comment each post, starting with this one! So leave me a comment and tell me what you most like about October to win a Witchcraft/Witchblood bookmark.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apple & cinnamon crumble for tea! Yummy! :)

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with ur comment on the weather. I love staying indoors when its cold out, especially cold and wet. Yuck! Autumn is so beautiful. The colors are truly amazing to look at. The leaves make me appreciate the season instead of getting angry that's its not warm anymore. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like cold weather either. The fall colors are pretty. The main reason I like October is that my birthday is in October and I do like Halloween. Another reason I like it is I read somewhere that October is horror month. No wonder I love horror movies and books and reading about witches, vampires, werewolves and zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love autumn! It's my favorite time of the year! I love the brilliant display of colors that come with the changing of the season. I love the weather. I know it may sound a little weird but there's something very magical about fall to me. I love rainy days! I also love days when it's crisp outside and the wind is rustling the leaves on the trees because there's something very peaceful and comforting about them. It's also the time of year that I get to spend the most time in the kitchen baking. I love baking goodies to share with family, friends, neighbors and coworkers! =)

    ReplyDelete