/> Adventures in Writing YA: I am Writing!

Tuesday 8 September 2015

I am Writing!

You can't force yourself to write, at least I can't. I know some people... writers who suggest just knuckling down and putting pen to paper and writing anything until eventually the block will pass, but for me if I don't want to write I just can't write, and the last year has been so full of new things with moving to a new county, making new friends, settling in and more importantly settling the children in. On top of this I have a house which is tricky to keep on top off and where almost every room needs attention and decorating... don't even get me started on the state of the garden! Add into that a disappointing plumber that completely turned my dreams of a beautiful family bathroom into a stressful disaster zone that took hundred to fix and you have my mental state!

I began to come out the other side of my writing slump as we came into summer, but before I knew it, the kids had finished school and I hadn't made a start. Instead of return to my blog with false promises I decided to keep it to myself, enjoy the summer, but begin the planning process in my head. The kids went back to school last Thursday and I spent those two days clearing any admin... I even did my tax return four months early!! So on Monday with nothing in my way I made a start. My target is for 2000 words a day, 5 days a week; and so far I've done it!

I know I always said I wouldn't write another WitchBlood book, but I had a brilliant idea. An idea that couldn't be wasted! So hang on to your pants! There's going to be more witches, vampires, flying spells and fearsome fangs. It's 10 years on. Have Jess & Daniel made it?

I hope you'll be able to find that out soon, when WitchWar is published sometime before Christmas if all goes to plan.

In the meantime, if you haven't read Flying With Fire, you really need to, as there will be character crossover in WitchWar! Flying With Fire really is the prequel to WitchBlood and consequently I think I'll be re-branding it soon, so watch this space.

To finish here is a picture of Clary from the Mortal Instruments, but she depicts Brittany perfectly in the scene I just wrote this morning!

Image result for clary fray

No comments:

Post a Comment