/> Adventures in Writing YA: Holiday Chaos

Thursday 4 April 2013

Holiday Chaos

In case any of you were wondering why my blog is being ignored recently I'm afraid I need to blame the kids again! I think when I started writing I never expected half the interest and success... which is amazing but consequently I thought writing books would fit in nicely with my kiddies, doing a bit here, a bit there! However as any of you who are writers out there know only too well this is sadly not the case! When I'm writing a novel I'm fully immersed and ideally need to write every day to keep the flow going (although I tend to write mon-fri and have the weekends with family). Now the kids are both at school this tends to work out well, and if I'm in the right frame of mind I can write 10,000 words a week and refresh myself at the weekend.

However as I have already explained I'm currently NOT in the right frame of mind... In fact I'm rather stressed out with this house moving business. I think I'm getting more greys lol! The good news is that it is actually moving fairly speedily considering these things normally take months and months. It even looks like we might make it into our new house before our holiday in May. Which means come June I can breath out and make a start on WitchHunt.

For now I'm writing my novella/short story, but even this has come grinding to a halt this week. Why?  I was doing so well, I had almost 6000 words down! The reason it has stopped is of course due to the school holidays... 2 weeks of kiddy chaos! It seems that the only way I can actually keep them from not warring, bickering or pestering me for snacks is to let my 8yr old daughter play Minecraft on my ipad and let my 5yr old boy play games on the CBeebies website on the PC... Where does this leave me? With peace and quiet, but no technology to write my story on! Drat!

And sorry but I'm just not an evening writer! So you're going to have to wait... 1week down 1week to go and then I'll be back in the game.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some other informative web site. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal way? I’ve a challenge that I’m simply now running on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.
    Moving Miami

    ReplyDelete