/> Adventures in Writing YA: Smoke - Week Two

Monday 26 January 2015

Smoke - Week Two

Well I've got through my first week of writing fairly successfully. I finished on just under 5000 words, which when I was deep in the middle of writing Witchblood, I could write 5000 words in two days; but for this project I have set myself a target of 1000 words a day, at least until I get about 1/3 of the way in, mainly because this project is so new and somewhat daunting!

Reasons for this are as follows:

1. Completely new genre - no vampires!
2. Completely new characters to learn and install in my head.
3. I'm writing alternate chapters / alternate POV, so each time I start a new chapter I have to switch mindset.
4. I'm also switching from 1st person to 3rd person, so Bea is written from 1st person and Will is written from 3rd!

I think it's working out! It was a bit of a challenge but I think it is going to work!

I've also added another book to my Goodreads Challenge. I finished The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy the night before last. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it. It was certainly different and rather weird, in a good way. I'm not sure it's worth all the 5 stars it gets, but it was worth reading and I'll probably read the next one at some point.  

hitchhikers_guide_to_galaxy2005teaser

No comments:

Post a Comment