/> Adventures in Writing YA: A Celebration of Twilight

Monday 19 November 2012

A Celebration of Twilight


So I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 at the cinema yesterday and I thought that this week I'll devote my blog to all things Twilight, for I owe a lot to Stephanie Meyer. It was her books that introduced me to the genre and gave me the idea of writing my own supernatural UK based fiction. Without Twilight I would be lacking five amazing movies and five fantastic soundtracks from my collections. My bookshelves would possibly have two entire shelves of black covered YA fiction missing... I could go on!

Now books first... which is your favourite and which is your least favourite? I can't decide which one between Twilight and Eclipse would be my favourite book, but New Moon was definitely my worst. I was SO upset with Edward for leaving her in the middle of the woods like that!
Sticking with the books (but okay you can think movie characters too if you like, as one is so firmly entrenched with the other!) Whose team were you on? And did it ever change? Personally I have always, throughout the books and films been a Team Edward girl (even when he annoyed me and disappeared in New Moon!) I know some fans had massive issues with Robert Pattinson playing Edward, but I can't imagine anyone else now, can you? I think he did a fantastic job. They all did... My only issue with casting was possibly Rosalie... I'm not sure.

 
Now talking movies, which movie has been your favourite? I think they did a great job keeping them as close as possible to the books. I absolutely hate it when a film or series is changed completely from the books (*cough cough True Blood cough hate it!) Now I'm finding it hard to answer this one, because after just seeing Breaking Dawn Part 2 I'm totally in love with end of the series! It was amazing and I'm not giving any spoilers here... but wow! The ending was just perfect. I'm sure I didn't breathe for about five minutes, my heart was racing and it was one hell of an emotional roller coaster! There were some amazing shots, like this one:

 
It has the perfect mix of Romance:
 
Humour:
 
and Action:
 
Have you seen it yet?


3 comments:

  1. I did a surprising amount of swearing towards the end of Breaking Dawn 2, and was damned if I could keep my legs from shaking.

    My favourite book is Breaking Dawn, I sob at the same part every single time. (And had a job from doing the same during the film). Least favourite is New Moon. I might just miss it out next time I read them again.

    I was very late to Twilight and three films were already out when I got into it. I devoured all four books three times in a row in the space of a week or two, then got to do a massive catch up with the movies. I never really went in for the whole 'team' thing but it would have been Edward every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT WAS GREAT! I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO PUNCH THE SCREEN FOR A MINUTE! TWILIGHT AND BREAKING DAWN ARE MY FAVORITES.NEW MOON WAS THE WORST BOOK AND MOVIE BUT IT TOLD A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE STORY. IT GAVE US THE BACKGROUND ON THE WEREWOLVES AND THE VOLTURI.
    TEAM EDWARD. I BELIEVE IN ONE TRUE LOVE. AND I ALSO AGREE WITH YOU ON ROSALIE. CAN'T STAND HER.
    I AM ALREADY HAVING WITHDRAWLS.

    IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE IMMORTAL SERIES CITY OF BONES. THEY ARE GREAT AND A MOVIE IS COMING OUT IN AUGUST FOR THESE. I AM HOPING THIS WILL HELP FILL THE VOID A LITTLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I haven't the time for reading at the moment (too much writing going on!) But come the end of the month and I should have WitchLove written and I can get back to reading! Keep meaning to read the Immortal Series.

      Delete