/> Adventures in Writing YA: New Book... New Plan!

Wednesday 23 April 2014

New Book... New Plan!

So Easter is over, the children are back at school and my laptop is switched on. From the messages I get either via Facebook or Amazon reviews I am aware that there are some amazing people out there who want to read something new, written by me of all people! I am also aware that my new project, which is totally different, and rather exciting (for me anyway) may well take anywhere up to another nine months for me to write! So I have come up with a plan.

Actually I just found my half written Witchblood tie-in novel 'Flying with Fire'. I actually forgot that I had been writing this last year! I've spent the morning re-reading and editing and actually I'm quietly confident. If you are a WB fan then this will quite possibly hit the spot. The word count is already at a nice rounded 25,000 and you'll get to see what happened to Brittany at her boarding school. With only another 50-60k words to write I will aim to have the first draft done by the Whit school holidays and the book published before the summer holidays.

What do you think? Do you still read YA paranormal?

If you want to keep track of my writing I have updated the word count meter on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment