/> Adventures in Writing YA: An Olympic Diversion...

Friday 27 July 2012

An Olympic Diversion...

I tried for all of about five minutes to find a way of mixing vampires, witches and the Olympics... but I just couldn't do it! So this evening, as I write, the Opening Ceremony is on the television in front of me... and seriously impressing me by the way!

I had to do a post because apart from my blog being a website for all my friends, family and lovely Witchblood fans out there, this is a kind of diary for me too and the London Olympics is after all a pretty momentous event in my life. My four year old son is already obsessed and is planning on watching it all day tomorrow, pretty much every sport LOL!... Wow! Those glowing rings are amazing... I remember the industrial revolution in history at school, but this brings it to life in such a vibrant way!

Anyway... ahhhh... this is So good! Bond meets the Queen!!! I am SO loving this! :D Talking of the Queen, I love this recent photo of her. She is a truly amazing woman.


Now, I really need to get back on track, so to speak, so I thought I'd just show you who I'm going to be watching and rooting for over the next few days, in no particular order:

Rebecca Adlington: From Mansfield, only an hour or so from where I live, Rebecca won Gold in Beijing for 400m Freestyle (Swimming)


Tom Daley: Our amazing young diver, with rather lovely abs! Divers always amaze me so I'm looking forward to watching this.

 Victoria Pendleton: She's a world and an Olympic champion, she fell in love and proved everybody wrong. She's a role model. Simple.

 
Zara Phillips: I first watched her one memorable day picnicing at the Chatsworth Horse Trials in 2004. She won Eventing World Champion in 2006 and is still one of the best.


Hannah Whelen: She was the youngest member of the team in Beijing at only 16 and is now ranked No1 in the Britain. Oh yeah... and she's from Stockport, my local (big) town!


Now those are the sports I'll be watching, but I know my hubbie and little boy will be supporting Team GB Football so as I can't find a decent pic of the whole team, heres one of Becks! :)


He's part of the reason we're all here - he fought damn hard on the Olympic bid and frankly I'm shocked he's not on the team :(


So all that's left to say is "Good Luck..."





No comments:

Post a Comment