/> Adventures in Writing YA: Laura Zalenga Week: Fairytale

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Laura Zalenga Week: Fairytale

For Day 2 of my cover artist appreciation week I have chosen the theme of 'fairytale' because I love anything fairy related and also these two images are two of my absolute favourites and I couldn't wait to share!

But in order to get to know Laura a bit better I have pasted the intro from her website here for you. This is what she says about herself and her photography... in her words.
My name is Laura Zalenga. I was born in February 1990. I live in the South of Germany. I've been taking photos since 2007 and photography is my life. That is all you need to know. My photos will tell you more than words could.

I'm in love with this photo... in fact I want to be standing on that bridge, in that forest. It is so beautiful. I am also coveting the red coat! I love the way the splash of red contrasts with the ethereal dark forest colours. Laura has put on Flickr that it looks like she's playing 'Titanic' and it does remind me of that and gives a fun playful air to the otherwise cold image. Fab!

This second image is quite simple, but must have taken Laura hours to set up! It reminds me of one of my favourite Studio Ghibli films, My Neighbour Totoro'... the soot sprites in particular. It is magical and I fully intend to take the kids and replicate this down in the woods one sunny day... if we ever get a sunny day again!
Here is another look at the finished result:


What do you think? Which is your favourite?
Laura's links:
 

1 comment: