/> Adventures in Writing YA: Laura Zalenga Week: Movement

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Laura Zalenga Week: Movement

I have decided there is no possible way I can choose only one photo a day... So, I've decided to do a different theme each day and pick my favourite two photos for each theme. But first here are the first two interview questions for Laura so we can get to know her a little better:

1. When did you first start taking photos?
My first photo-steps were in 2008.

2. You do a lot of digital manipulation with some of your photos. Which do you prefer, the taking of the photos or the overworking afterwards?
Sometimes I like the overworking even more, but it wouldn't be the same without also being the one who takes the photo. So I will never give up  either one of them.

Today is 'movement' and Laura is great at encapsulating movement in her pictures. Recently she has shot a set of pictures called 'Levitation' which are brilliant. How on earth does she do it?


On Flickr Laura says this was a last minute shoot and that she had 'no time'... I wish I could produce a picture like this with so little time! I love the colours in this picture, the dappled sunlight through the trees and the way all the colours go so beautifully together... especially the green dress and the yellow building. Oh why can't the view from my house be this one?

My second choice to encapsulate 'movement' from Laura's collection is:

 
Laura has many dance pictures in her collection as she, like me, loves dancing. This picture reminds me of my ballet days. It perfectly depicts the emotion I felt when I gave everything to the music. When you forget everything and everyone around you and feel nothing but the music pounding through your soul.

These two photos are so different from each other and yet I love them equally as they both move me in different ways. One is full of ecstasy and joy, the other full of soul. Which do you prefer?


Laura's links:

No comments:

Post a Comment