/> Adventures in Writing YA: Back to the Drawing Board!

Sunday 11 December 2011

Back to the Drawing Board!

Well since my post a couple of days ago about the artwork for my cover design I have since had my question answered about the copyright. I DO need copyright on all images I use even if they've been changed and merged together to make something new - gutting but I had a niggling feeling this would be the case!

So it's back to the drawing board and my options come down to either heading out into Manchester with a camera to try and take some of my own photos, or pay to use stock photos which seeing as it's 2 weeks to Christmas and I have a ton of things to do is probably going to be the easiest option.

It's a shame really as I do love photography and did a photography course a while back, when I still used my old SLR and before I was lured into the ease of my snazzy point & click digi camera! I took some pretty nice photos back then...but now I just don't seem to have the time (or inclination when its cold and wet outside!)

I've seen a few possible photos of cobbled alley ways and dead girls on the stock websites so now it's down to my sister to see which she thinks are useable and try and design a new cover.

The only useable photo I have is a nice image of the moon I took earlier in the year, but I think the moon is more appropriate for werewolf stories...maybe not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment