/> Adventures in Writing YA: Book Review: Demon Girl: Penelope Fletcher

Friday 16 December 2011

Book Review: Demon Girl: Penelope Fletcher

I know compared to most I am rather late reading this indie novel published by Penelope Fletcher last year (and actually I read it last month...) but as I'm off out in 20minutes I need a quickie post today and Penelope's book sprang to mind.
 
This is the first of the Rae Wilder Series and I'm looking forward to reading the next one soon! Penelope has created a world where vampires have almost wiped out humankind and demons roam the perimeters of the human encampments.Rae Wilder is a the main protagonist and after an illegal trip outside the fences she soon finds herself torn between the attentions of a starving vampire and a faerie warrior.

I enjoyed this book, it has a few editorial mistakes, but then I'm sure mine will have when it's published next month! As an Indie novelist without an editoral team we do our best! The story is fast paced and races through with drama in every chapter. In fact if anything I wish it had maybe slowed down a little to give a bit more character depth but having said that it is a totally unique story and great fun, and like I said I will be downloading the follow up, Demon Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment