/> Adventures in Writing YA: Introducing 'The Boys'

Sunday 18 December 2011

Introducing 'The Boys'

In this post I thought I'd tell you a little about my two lead boys, Daniel and Luke. Luke is Jess's first love, the boy next door who she's crushed on since he moved to her street when she was fourteen! There's a pretty good description of him in the prologue, which I'll be posting here shortly. To Jess he is perfect and their six month relationship is still in its honeymoon period, with neither able to contemplate an unhappy ending...that is until Jess dies and Luke is left to grieve.

Daniel is Luke's antithesis. Where Luke is cute and blonde, Daniel is dark and moody with a tendency to be a little too possesive! He chooses Jess to be his partner, and steps in when Luke backs off. Daniel wears his heart on his sleeve. He wants Jess and hides nothing from her, whereas Luke is not quite all he seems. 

Movie star photos of the boys? Hmm, I don't know. Part of me thinks Zac Effron would make a good Luke, but I don't know enough young actors that aren't already type cast. I know what Daniel should look like in my imagination, but maybe it's better to let you create your own visuals.

1 comment:

  1. I clearly have to sit through too many Disney films as 'cute and blonde' instantly made me think of Lucas Till, the guy who plays Travis in Hannah Montana: The Movie. Oh the shame! http://www.lucastill.com/

    ReplyDelete