/> Adventures in Writing YA: Editing, editing, editing!

Thursday 22 December 2011

Editing, editing, editing!

I'm getting there finally. My plan was to have the final read through and edit done before Christmas, so I can send it to my mum for a last proof read - my mum is a bit of a grammar queen and where my 1980's education fails me, she helps me out :)

I am reckoning this is my fourth edit of Witchblood; the first read-through was directly after I had written the first draft and I had no idea what I was getting myself in for! The second was after I had my report back from Cornerstones; and this time I had some idea what I was looking out for, what to delete and what to change. The last time I read through was about a year ago, when I'd got an agent and she was about to send it out to publishers in New York and wanted a couple of changes. So that makes this the fourth time...how is it I keep finding things to alter and improve?! I think the year gap has helped, as I've been reading it with fresh eyes and found it exciting to once again be drawn into my make-believe world.

Today I've been editing my climactic chapters and found myself racing over the words as the pace ramps up. I just hope you guys like it as much as I do! Its rather terrifying, thinking about readers actually downloading it and then (this is the really terrifying bit) leaving reviews on it! Eeek!

Only two more chapters to edit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment